If you have purchased a subscription to Anghami, you will be charged on a monthly, half-yearly, or yearly basis based on the plan you choose. If you have purchased a subscription to Anghami, you have the right to cancel your purchase and receive a full refund within 14 days of purchase. However, if you access the Anghami app within the 14-day period, you will no longer be eligible for a refund if you decide to cancel your purchase.
You may cancel your subscription to Anghami at any time via the mobile app or on Anghami’s website. The termination shall have effect at the expiry of the then-current subscription period that you have already paid for (e.g. one month, 3 months, 6 months, or a year) and you will not be refunded for any remaining portion of subscription fees you have already paid for (unless with the 14-day period and under the conditions described above).
Anghami reserves the right to terminate and/or suspend your account at any time in case of unauthorised use of the service. If Anghami terminates or suspends your account for any suspicious activity, Anghami shall have no liability or responsibility to you, and will not refund any amounts that you have previously paid.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site/App. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site/App anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site/App related activities.
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site/App. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site/App, such as the operating system, the Internet service providers utilized, inventory of other apps on User device and other similar information.
Anghami may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site/App.
- To improve our Site/App: we may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: we may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site/App feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them. To send periodic emails We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site/App.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site/App.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site/App and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Legal basis for processing personal data under general data protection regulation (GDPR):
Anghami may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification.
You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object.
You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction.
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability.
You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Anghami relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site/App or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Information others provide about You. We receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our Service, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs, or they may send you messages or messages to groups that you belong to.
Your contacts and others. Users with whom you communicate may store or reshare your information (including your phone number or messages) with others, on and off our Service.
Third Party providers. We may receive basic contact information from third parties for outreach and marketing purposes. These parties may also process this data in order to conduct these activities on our behalf.
While using Anghami Site/App and Service as well as accessing any type of material or content made available through those Services ("Content"), You are prohibited for any reason whatsoever in relation to the Services and the material or Content made available through the Services, or any part thereof to:
- reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law. If applicable law allows you to decompile any part of the Services or Content where required in order to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the Services or with another program, the information you obtain from such activities (a) may only be used for the foregoing objective, (b) may not be disclosed or communicated without Anghami’s prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate in order to achieve that objective, and (c) may not be used to create any software or service that is substantially similar in its expression to any part of the Services or the Content;
- copy, reproduce, redistribute, "rip," record, transfer, perform, frame, link to or display to the public, broadcast, or make available to the public, or any other use which is not expressly permitted under the Agreements or applicable law, or which otherwise infringes intellectual property rights;
- import or copy any local files that you do not have the legal right to import or copy in this way;
- transfer copies of cached Content from an authorized device to any other device via any means;
- "crawl" or "scrap", whether manually or by automated means, or otherwise using any automated means (including bots, scrapers, and spiders), to view, access or collect information;
- sell, rent, sublicense, lease or other monetization except as expressly permitted;
- sell a user account or playlist, or otherwise accept or offer to accept any compensation, financial or otherwise, to influence the name of an account or playlist or the content included on an account or playlist; or
- artificially increase play counts or follow counts, artificially promote Content, or other manipulation including by (i) using any bot, script or other automated process, (ii) provide or accept any form of compensation (financial or otherwise), or (iii) any other means;
- circumvent any technology used by Anghami, its licensors, or any third party, including any territorial or other content access restrictions applied by Anghami or its licensors;
- circumvent or block advertisements or create or distribute tools designed to block advertisements;
- remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property notices (including for the purpose of disguising or changing any indications of ownership or source);
- delete or alter any part of the Services or Content except as expressly permitted or, in the case of Content made available by another User, with such User's express consent; or
- provide your password to any other person or using any other person's username and password.
Please do not engage in any activity, post any User Content, or register or use a username, which is or includes material that:
- is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or proprietary rights of Anghami or a third party, or would violate any agreement to which you are a party, such as, by way of example and not limitation, an exclusive recording agreement or publishing agreement;
- includes your password or purposely includes any other user's password or purposely includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
- exposes confidential or proprietary information of a third party or personal information about yourself that is not intended to be broadcast to people around the world;
- includes malicious content such as malware, Trojan horses, or viruses, or otherwise interferes with any user's access to the Anghami Service;
- impersonates or misrepresents your affiliation with Anghami (including, for instance, by using Anghami’s copyrighted content, using the Anghami logo without permission, or otherwise using Anghami trademarks in a confusing manner), another user, person, or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailings or other forms of spam, junk mail, chain letters, or similar;
- unauthorized commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, gambling, bookmaking, or pyramid schemes;
- unauthorized linking to, referencing, or otherwise promoting commercial products or services, except as expressly authorized by Anghami;
- interferes with or in any way disrupts the Anghami Service, tampers with, breaches, or attempts to probe, scan, or test for vulnerabilities in the Anghami Service or Anghami’s computer systems, network, usage rules, or any of Anghami’s security components, authentication measures or any other protection measures applicable to the Anghami Service, the Content or any part thereof;
- has been removed from any of our services for a breach of our terms or policies, such as a prohibited track, episode or show. This includes content being created or repurposed to reconstitute or serve the same objective as previously removed Content.
Violating these terms may result in removal of any content or material You have contributed to the Service and/or termination or suspension of your account. If we terminated your account, You will no longer be able to use our Service. We also prohibit attempts to circumvent prior enforcement actions, including through the creation of new accounts.
If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA) and under the age of 16, you must provide us with a parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children under the age of 16, has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children under the age of 16, without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Information you provide: Your messages
We do keep your messages in the course of providing our Service to you. We do store your messages (including but not limited to your chats, links, profiles, files, and songs) even once they are delivered. They will also be stored on your own device. Your messages are yours and we cannot read them, neither can third parties. We have built privacy, and offer server encryption, which is on by default. Encryption means that your messages are encrypted in our servers to protect them against us and third parties from reading them.
We will collect, and other users can see, your connection status, whether you have received and seen messages sent to you, and information related to the messages you have sent and received such as who messaged who, and at what time; if you do not want people to know that you’re online or that you’ve seen messages, you can change these options in your settings. We will receive interaction information from your use of our Service.
We give you the option to link the Service to your contacts in your mobile phone address book on a regular basis. You confirm you are authorized to provide us such information.
Information Others Provide About You. We receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our Service and they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs), or they may send you a message or send messages to groups to which you belong.
Your Contacts and Others. Users with whom you communicate may store or reshare your information (including your phone number or messages) with others on and off our Service. You can use your Service settings and the block feature in our Service to manage the users of our Service with whom you communicate and certain information you share.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from and against all liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with any of the following: (a) your access to or use of our Service, including information provided in connection therewith; (b) your breach or alleged breach of our Terms of Service; or (c) any misrepresentation made by you. You will cooperate as fully as required by us in the defense or settlement of any Claim.
- You must not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You must not interfere or disrupt any other user's experience.
- You understand and accept that we cannot be held responsible for any interaction you do within the “Chat” feature on Anghami. Any violation of these Terms may result in suspension of the Service.
Anghami reflects a diverse community of cultures, ages, and beliefs and aims to create and remain a safe and open environment for everyone.
By using Anghami, you agree to these guidelines and our Terms of Service. We’re committed to these guidelines, and we hope you are too. Violating these principles may result in deleted content, disabled or blocked accounts, or other restrictions.
You are solely responsible for all audio, code, video, images, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, messages or other materials (“content”) that you upload, post, publish or display (hereinafter, “upload”) or email or otherwise use via the Service. The following are examples of the kind of content and/or use that is illegal or prohibited by Anghami and we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Anghami’s sole discretion, violates the guidelines, including without limitation, removing the offending content from the Service, suspending or terminating the account of such violators. You agree to not use the Service to:
- engage in any conversation or otherwise upload any content that (i) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party; (ii) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person; (iii) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation; (iv) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; or; (v)in the sole judgment of Anghami is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose Anghami or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- record any portion of a conversation without the express consent of all of the speakers involved
- share information that the speaker explicitly stated was to be treated as “off the record”
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; or
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose that is not specifically authorized;
- copy the Service’s features or user interface, or solicit users or customers from the Service;
- promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities; or
- obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service.
Help us keep the Anghami community strong:
Each of us is an important part of the Anghami community. If you see something that you think may violate our guidelines, please help us by using our reporting option. We have a team that reviews these reports and works as quickly as possible to remove content that doesn’t meet our guidelines. When you complete the report, try to provide as much information as possible, such as links, usernames, and descriptions of the content, so we can find and review it quickly. We may remove get to the point of block the account of users that violate our guidelines.
You may find content you don’t like but doesn’t violate the Community Guidelines. If that happens, you can unfollow or block the person who posted it.
We may work with law enforcement, including when we believe that there’s risk of physical harm or threat to public safety.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
(a) Anghami respects the intellectual property of others and takes the protection of copyrights and all other intellectual property very seriously, and we ask our users to do the same. Infringing activity will not be tolerated on or through the Site or the Anghami Service.
(b) Anghami’s intellectual property policy is to (1) remove material that Anghami believes in good faith, upon notice from an intellectual property owner or their agent, is infringing the intellectual property of a third party by being made available through the Site, and (2) remove any Products or Submissions posted to the Site by “repeat infringers.” Anghami considers a “repeat infringer” to be any user that has uploaded Products or Submissions to the Service and for whom Anghami has received more than two takedown notices compliant with the provisions of 17 U.S.C. § 512(c) with respect to such Products or Submissions. Anghami has discretion, however, to terminate the account of any user after receipt of a single notification of claimed infringement or upon Anghami’ s own determination.
(c) Procedure for Reporting Claimed Infringement. If you believe that any Productions or Submissions made available on or through the Site or the Anghami Service have been used or exploited in a manner that infringes an intellectual property right you own or control, then please promptly send a “Notification of Claimed Infringement” containing the following information to the Designated Agent identified below. Your communication must include substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the work(s) that has/have been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed, or, if multiple works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the specific material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Anghami to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Anghami to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You should consult with your own lawyer and/or see 17 U.S.C. § 512 to confirm your obligations to provide a valid notice of claimed infringement.
(d) Designated Agent Contact Information. Anghami’s Designated Agent for notices of claimed infringement can be contacted at:
Via E-mail : email@example.com
Via U.S. Mail: Zardman building, 5th floor, Jal el Dib, Lebanon
(e) Counter Notification. If you receive a notification from Anghami that material made available by you on or through the Site or the Anghami Service has been the subject of a Notification of Claimed Infringement, then you will have the right to provide Anghami with what is called a “Counter Notification.” To be effective, a Counter Notification must be in writing, provided Anghami’ s Designated Agent through one of the methods identified in Section B(d) of this TOS, and include substantially the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- The subscriber’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, Civil Courts in Beirut / Lebanon, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under Section B(c) of this TOS above or an agent of such person.
A party submitting a Counter Notification should consult a lawyer or see 17 U.S.C. § 512 to confirm the party’s obligations to provide a valid counter notification under the Copyright Act.
(f) False Notifications of Claimed Infringement or Counter Notifications. The Copyright Act provides that:
Any person who knowingly materially misrepresents under [Section 512 of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512)] (1) that material or activity is infringing, or (2) that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, shall be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by a service provider, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of Anghami relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it.
17 U.S.C. § 512(f). Anghami reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a notification of claimed infringement or counter notification in violation of the law. For the avoidance of doubt, only notices submitted under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the procedures set forth in this Section C should be sent to the Designated Agent at the e-mail or postal address set forth above. Any other comments, compliments, complaints or suggestions about Anghami, the operation of the Site or the Anghami Service or any other matter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using this Site/App, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site/App. Your continued use of the Site/App following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on February 27th, 2023